Seedling Trays in Kenya
What are seedling trays?
Seedling trays or seed trays are uv-treated high quality foldable plastic filled with cells that make sowing of seeds easier.
Why Use Nursery trays
In the process of industrialized seedling production, seedling trays have become an important agricultural supply.
There are numerous advantages to using a nursery tray:
1. Saving seeds and lowering production costs.
2. Can be used with a variety of manual and automatic planters to improve efficiency.
3. Seedling neatly, and maintain consistency in plant seedling growth.
4.Do not damage roots when transplanting, slow vaccine quickly and high the survival rate.
Which crops do I plant in a seedling tray?
- The seeds of the following plants are ideal for nursery tray:
- Tomato, Brinjal, Chili, Capsicum, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Onion, and Leek seeds
What are the available cell counts of nursery tray in Nairobi Kenya?
Some common affordable ,quality and durable cell counts for nursery tray are:
50 cell Count
72 cell count
128 cell count
200 cell count
288 cell count
What is the depth of a Seedling tray?
A standard sized tray is 2 to 2.5 inches deep the reason for this is;
- The length and width of a cell limit the seedling’s growth. Its roots can grow downward, but they can also grow outward.
- The roots will frequently strike the cell’s sides before reaching the bottom. It’s getting close to the time when you’ll need to transplant the seedlings outside or into a larger container.
What are the prices of seedling trays in Kenya.
|Tray||Number of cells||Cost|
Where can I buy Nursery /seedling trays in Kenya
You can purchase quality and affordable nursery tray from Aqua Hub Kenya .Our team will help you make the right decision on choosing the right cell count for the crops you intend to grow.