Shade nets in Kenya are designed to provide shade and protection from the sun’s rays. It’s a knitted fabric with UV-resistant compounds for durability and longevity. Shade nets are commonly used in agriculture to protect crops from excessive sunlight and heat, which can cause damage or reduce yield. They can also be used in horticulture for shade-loving plants. Also in construction to protect workers and equipment from the sun’s rays, and in outdoor events to provide shade.
Shade nets are available in different grades, which vary in their shading percentages and UV blocking properties. They can also be customized to fit specific needs, such as providing additional ventilation or reducing wind exposure. We sell the shade nets in Kenya in rolls (4M by 50M) or per square meter. The price of the shade net per roll ranges from Ksh 13,000 to Ksh 30,000 depending on the filtration rate. The price per square meter ranges from Ksh 70 to Ksh 160 also depending on the filtration rate.
Features and properties of shade nets in Kenya
- They have UV protected (5 years guarantee).
- They are available in either green or black.
- Available in 35%, 55%, 75%, and 90% filtration rate.
- Widths of 4 meters and lengths of 50 and 100 meters are standard.
- It is simple to clean.
- Nets are lightweight and simple to set up.
- If necessary, it is simple to relocate to new structures.
- They are great for gardens, plant nurseries, and home-gardening on terraces.
- Conserves water by producing a shade effect comparable to that of a plant canopy.
- Wind resistance
- Made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), which is a durable and lightweight.
- They can be customized to fit specific needs.
Shade net prices in Kenya
There are two different ways to prices shade nets. We price them in different shading per square meter or per roll, which is usually 4mtrs (width) by 50mtrs (length).
Shade net prices per different shading per square meter
|Shade Rate (Filtration in %)||Colour||Price per sqm in Ksh.|
|35 %||Black & Green||70/-|
|55%||Black & Green||85/-|
|75%||Black & Green||105/-|
|90%||Black & Green||160/-|
Shade net prices per roll
|Shade rate (Filtration rate %)||Length (meters)||Price (Ksh)|
|35%||4 x 50||13,000|
|55%||4 x 50||16,000|
|75%||4 x 50||19,000|
|90%||4 x 50||30,000|
Steps for installing a shade net
- Choose and prepare your land.
- Prepare the necessary tools and equipment.
- Establish the nursery’s layout.
- Dig the holes.
- Cut the required poles.
- Actual Construction of the shade structure.
- Choose the appropriate shade cloth size.
- Install terrace side nets.
- Put up the roof netting.
- Stretch the net taut to remove wrinkles and ensure proper shading coverage.
- Use stakes or weights to secure the bottom edges of the net to the ground.
- Inspect the installation for any issues, such as sagging or loose ropes, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Install drip kits inside shade house.
Crops grown in shade nets in Kenya
- Vegetables: Crops such as lettuce, spinach, kale, and Swiss chard are commonly grown under shade nets due to their preference for cooler, shadier conditions.
- Herbs: Herbs such as basil, cilantro, and parsley can also be grown under shade nets, as they typically do not require full sun exposure.
- Flowers: Some flower crops, such as orchids and ferns, are often grown under shade nets to provide protection from direct sunlight and heat.
- Fruits: Some fruits, such as strawberries and blueberries, can be grown under shade nets to provide protection from excessive sunlight and heat.
- Spices: Shade nets can also be used to grow spice crops, such as turmeric, ginger, and cardamom, which typically require cooler growing conditions.
Construction of Nursery Shades by Aqua Hub Kenya
Shade Nets for Nurseries (Made with the best quality) by Aqua Hub Kenya is our pride to Kenyan and East African Farmers. We have vast experience is shade houses construction and Nursery management in Kenya.
Our shade houses come with the following features;
- Shade House structure (wooden shade house or Metallic Shade house)
- Shade Net coverings (Depending on the location and filtration rate)
- Fasteners (Profiles & Wiggle wires in case of metallic structure)
- Crop support system
- Drip Kit
- Filtration Units
- Tank Connection (Water Tank is provided by the client)
- Lockable doors
Other extras by Aqua Hub Kenya
- Seedling trays for up to 2000 seedlings
- Coco peat to the limit of the above trays
- Fertilizer injection Units (Venturi systems)- But the client must provide water tank
We not only have shade nets, but also all of Kenya’s agricultural nets, including bird and insect nets. Call us on 0790719020 for all agricultural nets needs.