Steel greenhouse in Kenya is a type of greenhouse structure for the cultivation of plants, fruits, and vegetables. It is a structure that is primarily of steel frames and panels, instead of wood or other materials. Steel greenhouses in Kenya are becoming increasingly popular. This is due to their durability, strength, and ability to withstand harsh weather conditions. The cost of the steel greenhouse in Kenya vary depending on the size that you want. Usually steel greenhouses cost between Ksh. 150,000 and Ksh. 700,000, depending on size. The prices rises with increase in the size of the greenhouse.
Steel greenhouse frames are typically made of galvanized steel, which is a rust-resistant material that can withstand the humid and damp climate conditions in Kenya. The connection of the steel frames are by using nuts and bolts, providing a strong and stable structure that can support the weight of the greenhouse coverings and any additional features such as doors, windows, and ventilation systems.
What is the cost of steel greenhouse in Kenya?
The cost of a steel greenhouse in Kenya can vary depending on several factors such as size, design, and features. However, a typical range for a steel greenhouse in Kenya can be between Ksh. 150,000 to Ksh. 700,000. We provide a variety of greenhouse sizes in Kenya. Metallic greenhouses are available in sizes ranging from 8 by 15 meters to 8 by 24 meters, as well as 8 by 30 meters to 16 by 30 meters. The cost of a greenhouse varies according to its size.
|Number of crops
|Cost of Construction
|2 – 3 Days
|3 – 4 Days
|4 – 6 Days
|5 – 7 Days
What are the features of steel greenhouses in Kenya?
- Durability: Steel greenhouses are durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Strength: Steel is a strong material that can support the weight of the greenhouse.
- Resistance to rust and corrosion: There is treatment of the steel to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Customizable design: You can customize the steel greenhouses to meet the specific needs.
- Energy-efficient: You can design the steel greenhouses to be energy-efficient, reducing energy costs.
- Versatile: They can be applicable for a variety of crops such as vegetables, fruits, flowers, and herbs.
- Automated climate control: They can be equipped with automated climate control systems.
- Irrigation systems: You can add irrigation systems to provide water to the plants on a regular basis.
- Ventilation: They can have doors and windows for ventilation, promoting air circulation and maintaining optimal growing conditions.
What are the components of steel greenhouses in Kenya?
The components of steel greenhouses in Kenya can vary depending on the design and specifications of the greenhouse. Here are some common components:
- Steel frame: The steel frame is the main structural component of the greenhouse.
- Covering material: The covering material can be polycarbonate panels, plastic sheeting, or glass.
- Doors and windows: They usually have doors for access and ventilation, and windows for additional ventilation and light.
- Insulation: To improve energy efficiency and regulate temperature and humidity levels, insulation can be added.
- Heating and cooling systems: Heating and cooling system may be needed to maintain optimal growing conditions.
- Irrigation system: An irrigation system can be added to provide water to the plants on a regular basis.
- Lighting: Artificial lighting may be necessary to supplement natural light.
- Automatic controls: To regulate temperature, humidity, and other growing conditions, automatic controls can be added to the steel greenhouse.
- Shelving and benches: Shelving and benches can be added to the steel greenhouse for better organization and space utilization.
- Fencing: Fencing can be added to protect the greenhouse from external damage and keep out pests.
Everything you’ll need for building steel greenhouses is available from Aqua Hub Ltd. Also, we construct our steel greenhouses with the aid of the finest experts in Kenya. We have locations in Nairobi and Eldoret. For further information, call ELDORET at (0759372241) or NAIROBI at (0790719020).