Solar Dryers in Kenya
A solar dryer is a device that uses solar energy to dry substances, especially food. Aqua Hub Kenya is the best supplier of Solar dryers in Kenya and East Africa. We specialize in metallic and wooden types.
What is the importance of a solar dryer?
They use solar energy to dry fruits and vegetables. It is a non-conventional source of energy.
5 Steps for construction of a solar dryer
- Choose the suitable location, size, and materials for the dryer with the help of an expert from Aqua Hub Kenya
- Install the structure; it can be wooden or metallic
- Provide for the black substance at the base for heat absorption and shelves to dry the matter
- The outer cover, install the polythene sheeting, and the ventilation chamber
How does it work?
They are used to eliminate the moisture content from crops, vegetables, and fruits. The solar dryer consists of a box made up of easily available and cheap materials like cement, galvanized iron, brick, and plywood. The top surface of the dryer is covered by transparent single and double-layered sheets. The inside surface is coloured black to absorb the incoming solar radiation.The air is ventilated through the small holes at the top of the box.
The following pictures describe the process.
Where do I buy a solar dryer in Kenya ?
Get your preferred dehydrators from Aqua Hub Kenya, both Nairobi and Eldoret branches. We are the best in the field with quality and durable solar dryers in Kenya.
What are the prices of solar dryers in Kenya?
|Solar Dryer Dimensions
|No. of Shelves
|Metallic Cost in Ksh.
|Wooden Cost in Ksh.
|1.5 m × 1.5 m × 1 m
|2 m x 2 m x 1.5 m
|3 m x 2 m x 2 m
Other information on our product.
The solar dryer is a relatively simple concept. The basic principles employed are:
- Converting light to heat: Any black on the inside will improve the effectiveness of turning light into heat.
- Trapping heat: Isolating the air inside the dryer from the air outside the dryer makes an important difference. Using a clear solid, like a plastic bag or a glass cover, will allow light to enter, but once the light is absorbed and converted to heat, a plastic bag or glass cover will trap the heat inside. This makes it possible to reach similar temperatures on cold and windy days as on hot days.
- Moving the heat to the food.
For more details, visit us or call us through :NAIROBI: 0790719020 | ELDORET: 0759372241