Solar Dryers in Kenya
Solar dryer is a device that uses solar energy to dry substances, especially food. Aqua Hub Kenya is the best supplier of Solar dryers in Kenya and East Africa. We specialize in metallic and wooden solar dryers.
What is the importance of a solar dryer?
A solar dryer uses solar energy to dry fruits and vegetables. Solar energy is a non-conventional source of energy. So we can use an unlimited source of energy from the sun as the main drying agent.
5 Steps for construction of a solar dryer
- Choose the suitable location, size, and materials for the dryer with the help of an expert from Aqua Hub Kenya
- Install the structure; it can be wooden or metallic
- Provide for the black substance at the base for heat absorption and shelves to dry the matter
- The outer cover, install the polythene sheeting, and the ventilation chamber
How does it work?
Solar dryers are used to eliminate the moisture content from crops, vegetables, and fruits. The solar dryer consists of a box made up of easily available and cheap materials like cement, galvanized iron, brick, and plywood. The top surface of the dryer is covered by transparent single and double-layered sheets. The inside surface is colored black to absorb the incoming solar radiation. Since the box is insulated, the inside temperature of the box is raised. The air is ventilated through the small holes at the top of the box.
The following pictures describe the process.
Where do I buy a solar dryer in Kenya ?
Get your preferred solar dryers from Aqua Hub Kenya both Nairobi and Eldoret branches. We are the best in the field with quality and durable solar dryers in Kenya
What are the prices of solar dryers in Kenya?
|Solar Dryer Dimensions||No. of Shelves||Metallic Cost in Ksh.||Wooden Cost in Ksh.|
|1.5 m x 1.5 m x 1m||3||80,000||49,000|
|2 m x 2 m x 1.5 m||3||100,000||58,000|
|3 m x 2 m x 2 m||3||110,000||67,000|
Other information on solar dyers.
The solar dryer is a relatively simple concept. The basic principles employed in a solar dryer are:
- Converting light to heat: Any black on the inside of a solar dryer will improve the effectiveness of turning light into heat.
- Trapping heat: Isolating the air inside the dryer from the air outside the dryer makes an important difference. Using a clear solid, like a plastic bag or a glass cover, will allow light to enter, but once the light is absorbed and converted to heat, a plastic bag or glass cover will trap the heat inside. This makes it possible to reach similar temperatures on cold and windy days as on hot days.
- Moving the heat to the food. Both the natural convection dryer and the forced convection dryer use the convection of the heated air to move the heat to the food
For more details visit us or call us through :NAIROBI: 0790719020 | ELDORET: 0759372241