Wooden Greenhouse prices ranges from KES.99,000 to 599,000. It all depends on the type and sizes of wooden Greenhouses in Kenya. As a matter of fact, wood greenhouses have been on the rise since it’s affordable and easy to install. In Kenya, most farmers would prefer wood greenhouse kits in place of open field irrigation because it’s manageable.
- A greenhouse in Kenya can be designed from various material structures such as wooden, metallic or glass/plastic materials.
- Greenhouse prices can vary depending on the size of greenhouse, cost of greenhouse materials, and most importantly the location of the site for construction and other factors.
- Wooden Greenhouses are viable options for agricultural farming in Kenya. While most effective greenhouses consist of metallic or plastic material structures, wooden greenhouses can also be advantageous.
- Wooden greenhouses will eventually be effective, even though they don’t last for a very long time unless quality maintenance practices are a measure in place.
- Wooden Greenhouses can last for 10–15 years, that is, strictly when built using treated lumber or wood.
Wood Greenhouse Construction Materials
Materials for building wooden greenhouses are readily available and cheap materials thus easily accessible. They include:
Wooden Greenhouse Poles
Tree trunks, wooden poles and frames make a good greenhouse structure. In fact, wood is cheap and readily available. Before using wood for greenhouse construction, treat them using wood preservatives or apply oil to enhance long lasting effect. Definitely, the cost of purchase, construction, cutting, and repair is low.
Consists of UV treated polythene cover of 200 microns. It is a hard and long-lasting material which can withstand many years of harsh climatic conditions.
Insect Nets for wood Greenhouses
Often reliable for use as a ventilator, or window for ventilation, since it has a mesh structure that allows air entry or exit in wooden greenhouse.
Besides, ventilation, it also acts as an insect barrier to the crops grown inside the greenhouse environment. Alternatively, shade nets can be used when insect nets are not available.
Irrigation Kits (Drip) for Wooden Greenhouse
Wood greenhouse kits comes with its own drip irrigation kits. It has control valves, HDPE Fittings, Irrigation water filter, Main Lines and Sub main pipes ( Laterals) and Drip Lines.
Crop support structures
Twines or ropes for offering support to plant structures in wooden greenhouses. Plants twines are important in supporting stems of twining plants such as beans, citrus fruits and peas.
Water Tanks and Stands
Tanks store water for irrigation in greenhouses. Tanks stands provide support for tanks which require to be raised to enhance pressure requirement.
Tank Stands can be wooden planks or iron and steel metal rods. Metallic stands are more durable and strong compared to wooden posts. However, wooden poles are cheaper than metal stands, thus reducing the cost of setting up tank connection.
Wooden Greenhouses Prices in Kenya
The cost of wood greenhouse kits by Aqua Hub Ltd is KES. 99,000 to 599,000. But we have broken down the costings into the following;
|Greenhouse type||Size in Square meters||Cost (KES.)|
How to Construct a Wooden Greenhouse in Kenya
Constructing a Wooden green house in Kenya requires proper planning and implementation process. The steps to follow include;
1. Determining a Suitable Site.
Before starting to purchase materials, you need to choose a suitable location for your wooden green house structure. Certain factors such as sunlight access, direction of the wind and availability of water should be considered accordingly.
2. Design and Measurement – In this case, decide on the size, design, and dimensions of the green house to set up basing on your needs, space, and monetary budget.
3. purchase and ensure the delivery of construction materials to the construction site.
4. Wooden Poles and Frame Construction. Prepare and make the ground level. For instance, you are want to build on a slightly hilly ground. When the ground level is met, construct the framework or structure, cut the wood according to the measurement and connect the wood frames using nails or screw.
5. Placing the Polythene cover on the structure. Though they are not the best to use, fasten the cover to the polythene using nails and ensure there are no gaps in any place.
6. Place or attach ventilation. Afterwards, attach insect net material fitting.
7. Construct a closable door and again ensure the entrance is covered with polythene material.
8. Lastly, Set up an irrigation system.
In case you need quality green house polythene covers, irrigation systems kits and construction of wooden or metallic green house, visit Aqua Hub offices or contact us via;
Phone ; 0790719020
Email ; email@example.com.